In addition to his career as an internationally recognized portrait artist, Dennis also devotes time to teaching and lecturing professional photographers on various aspects of photography, and is frequently invited to judge professional imaging competitions.
Below is a partial list of degrees and certifications he has earned:
- Certified Professional Photographer 1991 (Awarded with the highest score on the CPP written exam in the country.)
- Master of Photography Degree 1996
- Photographic Craftsman Degree 2003
Additionally he has won the following awards for excellence in photographic imaging.
- New Jersey Photographer of the Year (multiple years)
- South Jersey Photographer of the Year (multiple years)
- New York State Court of Honor (multiple awards)
- New Jersey Court of Honor (multiple awards)
- Walter Free Trophy for Highest Aggregate Score (multiple years)
- Fassebender Cup for Highest Scoring Salon Image (multiple years)
- Mallas Award for Excellence
- Kodak Gallery Award for Excellence (multiple awards)
- Fuji Mastepiece Award for Excellence (multiple awards)
- PPA International Loan Collection (multiple years)
- Images featured in PPA General Collection and Loan Collection Coffee Table Books
- Featured Instructor at the Triangle Institute of Professional Photography
- Featured Presenter at the NEPPA, PPANJ, MarylandPPA, PPA of Delaware, and GPPDV conventions and program meetings.
- PPA/Epcot Center Loan Exhibition
- GPPDV Photographer of the Year (multiple years)
- Imaging Asia 2005 Loan Collection
- Center for Fine Art Photography Imaging Showcase and Featured Gallery Image
- Individual Gallery Showing of Fine Art Photography Philadelphia, PA 2004
- Numerous Blue Ribbon and "Best Of" awards from the PPA, GPPDV, PPANJ, and SJPPA including; "Best of Show", Best Portrait of a Man" "Best Portrait of a Woman" "Best Portrait of a Child" "Best Group Portrait" "Best Salon Image" "Best Folio Collection" and the "480 Club"
- In 2020 Dennis had his image "Balance of Power" nominated for a Grand Imaging Award (top 10 out of 6,000 entries) in the Portrait category and was selected as one of 3 semi-finalists in Portraiture representing Team USA in the Photography World Cup.
Dennis' dedication to photographic excellence and continuing education means that you can expect an unrivaled level of commitment and professionalism.
The Master of Photography Degree and the Photographic Craftsman Degree are bestowed for excellence in photography, and service to the profession, respectfully.
The Certified Professional Photographer designation is an ongoing process that must be renewed on a regular basis. It involves proving proficiency in photographic knowledge and skill, but also ethical business practices, unwavering dedication to customer service, and a commitment to ongoing education.
In 2020, Dennis had an image selected as a finalist in the Grand Imaging Awards in the Portrait category and was selected as one of only 3 finalists in the portrait category of the World Photography Cup for Team USA.